In some countries, Ramadan 2012 has just started. In Middle East and in Qatar, the moon is expected to be seen tonight which will mark as the go signal of fasting. Tomorrow, Ramadan 2012 will start in Qatar and the fasting begins.For non-Muslim people, we are not obliged to follow the fasting process but respecting the Ramadan tradition is a MUST!
What Should I DO in Ramadan 2012 to respect the tradition?We listed couple of things on what you should do this Ramadan 2012. They are as follows:
- Greet our Musolim brothers in Arabic Language, Ramadan Mubarak and/or Ramadan Kareem is perhaps the most basic line to show you are wishing them a blessed Ramadan. In English, it means “May you have a generous/ blessed Ramadan”.
- Do accept Ifthar Invitations coming from any of your friends or workmates. This will definitely allow you to get a better understanding about their culture and is also a good opportunity to get answers of your questions about their tradition.
- You should keep yourself from swearing. Using obscene or offensive words is definitely disrespectful. Hold your anger, extend your patience – it’s all in the breathing. Inhale. Exhale.
- Welcome the idea of volunteering and sharing. This is the best time to share whatever blessings you receive. Be a giver. Be charitable.
- Be watchful in each outfit you will pick in your closet, especially the ladies. The more you cover up yourself with the piece of clothing, the better it is. No sexy shorts, spaghettis, backless shirts, sleeveless attires in public. Don’t attract people’s attention!
- Do not turn your car stereo to a high volume. Keep your music in low volume. Always observe road and traffic rules. Give way instead of owning the streets!